Testing is requested via a Hemostasis Request for Testing Form. Forms may be ordered through the Hemostasis Laboratory at 206-292-6594. The following information must be completed on the RFT to avoid delay in testing:
- Patient Identification (must match information on specimen).
- Physician or authorized individual ordering test.
- Draw date.
- Whether the sample was frozen if only a serum or plasma aliquot is submitted.
- To whom should the report be sent.
- Include a contact name and phone number for someone who can answer questions concerning the order.
All samples must be properly labeled and information must agree with the identification on the RFT.
- If a specimen is identified by name, there must also be a numeric identifier which may include Hospital number, SS#, birth date, or other coded identifier
- If only a numeric identifier is used (with no name), the number must be a Hospital number, SS#, or coded identifier. A birth date is not acceptable in this circumstance.
- A draw date should be on the sample but the sample will still be accepted if the draw information is on the RFT.
All samples must be sent in a sealed, leak-proof container marked with a biohazard sticker to comply with OSHA safety standards to:
Puget Sound Blood Center
Attn Hemostasis Laboratory
921 Terry Ave
Seattle WA 98104
Send the specimen together with the completed RFT